Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The solution

My solution to getting some sort of decent sleep is to leave the little munchin in the bed with me. This is my absolute pet peeve (kids sleeping with their parents) but in order to function during the day especially at work, I have to sleep. I always start the night with Preston in his own room and bed, unfortunately he wakes up as soon as he realizes he is alone. I attempt at least 2 or 3 times to rock him back to sleep and put him back in his bed but it never works. Daddy also tries and he still wakes up screaming. So last night I put him in the bed with me and we both fell asleep at 9pm and slept all night. Well Preston woke up searching for nipples a few times but I didn't have to move a muscle or turn on any lights so I feel revived today. I guess my new motto is "by all means neccessary!" Hopefully, I won't regret this down the road.

2 comments:

Dance411 said...

Girl do what you gotta do! You have time to fix it! Marley used to be all up under me and when she was too big I kicked her out the bed! HA! Your sleep is important! Now she's only allowed in after 5 am!

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Hey, I understand. I did that with Brayden too. But now he prefers to sleep in his own bed. I do too because he's an extremely wild sleeper.