Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ciga-weed

As I was driving home listening to the radio a few days ago I came upon a station talking about whether marijuana should be legalized. Now in some states marijuana is prescribed for medicinal purposes such as pain relief and mostly disorders of the eyes. There are also some anti-nausea medications with marijuana derivatives in them to help patients with mostly chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting....but anywho. Instead of people who would actually benefit in some way for a law to be passed to help those in need calling in to the show to give their two cents about the topic only the crazy folks called in. This one lady Joanne called in to say that she feels marijuana should be legalized because it will make the world a better place. She was very adamant about her position and opinion. She also went on to say that the crime rates would go down because people who are "high" commit less crimes because they are "relaxed and cool." I know I am thinking the same thing you are "WHAT?" This chick went on and on and on about the same foolishness. I wanted to call in and ask her did she see any of the Friday movies with Chris Tucker! After listening to her brief everyone about how important marijuana is for the soul the disc jockey asked her if she smoked. She said yes, of course. He asked how old she was and she told them that she was 43 years old and started smoking when she was only 12 years old. Now I hate to pass judgement on anyone but this is too much. What child is thinking about smoking weed at 12 years old!

Well as a recovered weed head I have to disagree with Joanne. I do not think that being "high" would keep crime rates down by any means. Although many drugs are found naturally in the earth it is us the people who choose to use them unwisely. I did more crazy stuff high than I did sober!

4 comments:

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Um, it was Chris Tucker.

"Recovered weed head" made me laugh.

I never smoked weed but I know a lot of people who did and I agree that it will not cut down on crime rates. It takes away people's inhibitions and ability to think clearly. She was probably high when she called in.

bklynq said...

I don't think legalizing weed will cut down on crime.

Anonymous said...

Ӏt is peгfect time to make some plans for the longеr term and it's time to be happy. I've leаrn this
ρublish аnd if I сοuld I want to сounsel you some faѕcinating іssues or tiрѕ.
Perhaps yοu сan write next articles relating to
this articlе. I desire to lеarn more issues аbout іt!


Herе is my sіte Bucket Truck
my web site > line trucks for sale

Anonymous said...

Nісe post. I learn sοmеthing nеw and challenging оn sitеs I stumbleuρon еvеry ԁay.
It's always exciting to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their websites.

Here is my weblog :: tensunitstore.com