Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Losing friends

Last week I lost two friends, Melville and Cindy. Both of these ladies were very close to my heart although I only saw them maybe once a year when visiting Houston. Melville was my super duper prayer warrior friend. She always had an inspiring word, testimony or pray. We emailed each other often to keep in touch since I moved away. I would send her pics of the kids and everytime she would come back with "when is the little girl coming" and I said NOT. I will miss her dearly.

My good old friend Cindy was an old nursing buddy at MD Anderson. She was a different kind of women with a big heart. She wasn't married nor did she have any children but she gave her all to the friends that she loved so much. She suffered this past year with her second battle with cancer one that would eventually take her life. Cindy was a very remarkable person because of the way she was raised. She grew up in a little town called Vidor in Texas. This town was predominantly white during her childhood and was extremely racist. She would tell me about black people not being allowed to stop at stores and restaurants even after desegregation. She would also tell me stories about her uncle being the Grand Wizard for the KKK in which she went to a couple of meetings. But God shielded her heart from this evil called racism and she loved everyone as Christ did. I will miss hearing my country friends voice.

I pray we all take time daily to tell those around us that we love them and we care. Always try to be positive and shy away from those things that are negative and foolish because time waits for no man.

1 comment:

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

I agree with you. The day after Georgia died, a former coworker's daughter died. She is devastated.