Monday, October 13, 2008

Preston's first week!


Preston managed to have a wonderful first week of school. He even learned how to drink out of a bottle which he did not enjoy but did much better than his big brother Trey. Trey took 2 weeks to convince himself that it was safe to suck from anything except my breast. Fortunately, Preston only took 2 days. I think he may be a little smarter than his brother.

Anyway, it felt so different dropping my second child off to start daycare than it did my first. I think I kinda feel like I have closed the last chapter of newborn baby life forever. We will never have another little newborn coming home to be welcomed by his brother and no more up ever 2 hours for feeding nights. While some of its good a lot of it is sad.

However it does feel good to go inside of a store by myself with no strollers, car seats, diaper bags etc. but I still miss my baby. Now I gotta go back to work next week. Not happy people!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Back to work next week? Time flies soooo fast.

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

I know what you mean. I've been feeling a little something knowing this is my last pregnancy and will be my last baby.

Quit your job then if you're really not happy.

Dance411 said...

I thought yall were having 2 more kids! HAAAAAAAAA You know I gotta start mess!