Monday, October 20, 2008

The Air Show



On Sunday we attended a F-14 Air Show. This was probably one of the most exhilarating moments of my life. Many of you may not know this about me but I have a true passion for aeronautics. I have secretly wanted to be a fighter pilot since I was a little girl. I guess I kept it secret because it was way too uncommon for a girl be a pilot let alone a fighter pilot; especially 25 years ago. I have jokingly told Paul a few times that I want to take pilot lessons. Maybe one day I will get the courage to actually do it. There is just something about being in an aircraft and defying gravity that intrigues me.


But anyway we packed up the family and headed out to Marietta to join the loud crowd of onlookers. We watched the pilots due amazing stunts and formations. There were 6 fighter jets and they all did tricks individually and in groups. Trey loved it and kept yelling out "there's the airplane mommy" "airplane make heart mommy" "airplane make circle mommy" over and over again while the planes vanished into thin air in just seconds. The engines are so loud that you sometimes needed earplugs when they were close to ground. All the kids loved watching the aircrafts but probably not as much as a lot of the adults. The day was absolutely gorgeous with beautiful blue skies and 70 degree weather...God is so awesome! Days like this are truly wonderful.
Oh and Preston slept the whole time except when the jets got close and the engines startled him.


5 comments:

bklynq said...

I was wondering what happened to you, and then you post with a whole new look to your blog. Go Girl.

Unknown said...

Never thought you wanted to be a fighter pilot. Go on and take those lessons. I promise to fly with you after you're licensed (FYI: I do not like flying, so my promise is a big deal to me. lol)

Dance411 said...

I learn something new about my friends every day! My neighbor can teach you at Charlie Brown airport!!

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

I used to love going to the air shows as a child. Enjoy the flying lessons. I have no desire to join you.

fashion jewelry said...

Congratulations. A very nice car. It is my dream to have this car. I am working hard for it. Now as online wholesaler of fashion jewelry,I hope i can make my dream to real next year. I am fashion jewelry online wholesaler directly from China. Welcome to inquiry.

wholesale fashion jewelry \
jewelry wholesale China