Monday, September 22, 2008

Wild Animal Safari Park






We had such a wonderful family filled weekend. We visited this zoo that is basically like Jurassic Park. You rent vans or buses, depending on the number of people in your party; that are painted like zebras with no windows just bars across them and you ride through the zoo feeding the animals oats and barley. The animals are very friendly and run right up to your car for a treat. A lot of the larger animals like the bulls and bison would stand directly in the middle of the road and you had to slightly tap on the gas to convince them to move. Of course the man eating carnivorous animals are locked away in a cage but all the others are roaming free on tons of acres of grass. There were lots of cows, bison, bulls, pigs, deer, zebras, gifaffe, ducks and anything else friendly. And of course, locked away were lions and tigers and bears oh my!

Trey had a blast and did much better than I thought he would. He loved feeding the animals but made sure he tossed the food away from the van so the animals didn't touch his precious hands or take a bite at them. Good old Preston did what he does best...sleep.

After the zoo we took the family out to the drive in to see a couple of movies. This was the first time I had been to a drive in movie since I was a little girl. It brought back so many memories.

Here are a couple of pictures from the zoo.

3 comments:

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Girl, I love those zoos. We went to one in San Antonio and one in the Philippines. In the Philippines, you can feed the tigers a live chicken. Well, the guy sits in the van with you and feeds the tiger. Brayden almost lost it when that tiger jumped on our van to get the food. It was soooo funny! I'm glad you all had a nice family weekend. I haven't been to a drive in since I was a little girl. I didn't even know there were any still in operation.

Angie said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

I wish I could go to a drive in movie.

I'm not big on animals, but I'm glad you had a great time with the fam.

Trinimerican