Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Don't Mess With My Milk!

So Trey has been attending a wonderful private daycare since he was 5 months old. I have never had a problem with his school and I am very impressed with their curriculum especially since its essentially a daycare (but they don't like for you to call it daycare). They have lesson plans for the entire month and each parent is given a copy of it with little homework assignments from time to time. They really do and great job at tailoring learning for each age group, not to mention he has been learning sign language since he was about 10 months old. Now, he only knows maybe 10 simple signs or commands but that is still wonderful for a 2 year old to be learning sign language who doesn't have the need to really learn it. Anyway, I bragged about the school because I am about to talk about them.

I know I am his mother which makes me a little biased but I must say that Trey is a very friendly little boy with very little drama. He is a little shy with strangers upfront and pretends to be quiet until he gets to know you or feels more comfortable with you. All of his friends at school know and love to play with him. And everyone knows his name at school. Everyone from the cook in the kitchen to the security guard outside.

Well, Trey was sitting at the table with his classmates eating lunch. His friend proceeded to take his milk and drink it. Why did this little boy do that. Trey stood up, started shaking (like Florida from Good Times when she said "damn damn damn" and bit the crap out of his friend. He told him "no my milk!" Trey was obviously very upset because he has never bit anyone and is pretty mild mannered for a 2 year old. So when I walk into school to pick him up the principal (director) tells me she needs to talk to me. Um why am I being called in for a parent teacher meeting for my 2 year old people. She discusses what happened at school and would like for me to talk to Trey about problem solving and biting. What the h@#$? Then she asked me to sign a write up (incident report) for his file. I read the incident report and begun to write a note on it. I began writing that I felt the child that "stole" my son's milk should also be counseled on the importance of not taking things and that as a result bad things could happen to him. This behavior could turn into something worse in the future if nothing is done about it.

Of course the director is mad at me.............

4 comments:

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at Trey biting the other child. He must have been seriously pissed off. Brayden would have hit him and snatched his milk back before anyone knew what was happening. I bet that little boy won't bother Trey anymore. He handled his!

Unknown said...

Girl!!! I am with you. Why only the parent of the person that bit (or hit, or whatever) has to be called in to the office? The kid that steals or initiates the kid to violence should be in trouble to. Stealing is just as bad as biting.

GO TERA!!!

Trinimerican

Unknown said...

OMG!!!! That is hilarious!!!! I was picturing Trey shaking the kid as I was reading it. I cannot believe they made a big deal about that and did nothing to the other child. They are kids and 2 year old kids for that matter. Girl let me know if you need backup.

bklynq said...

I'm with Bridge, I am cracking up over here. I think the other little boy needs to talked to also and his parents need to sign an incident report on stealing. Because if he keeps it up Trey won't be the only one biting him.