Monday, September 8, 2008

After Children

The most amazing gift God could ever give to a woman is the ability to be a mother or at least in my eyes. I have been blessed twice with this opportunity but the aftermath of your body image is something else. I gained a substantial amount of weight with both of my pregnancies. The first 47 pounds and the second pregnancy 45 pounds. Well as many woman know it is not that easy to get that much weight off! I have worked more diligently this time and I must say in 6 weeks I have lost an astonishing 40 pounds! How did I do this? A simple high protein, low carbohydrate diet. This diet is very hard for those of you love breads, pastas, rice and anything else that has lots of carbs. None of those items are my favorites so its not that hard for me. I only eat (most of the time) lean meats, fresh fruits and fresh veggies. Absolutely nothing out of a can and no cake people!

But I didn't talk about my weight lose for that reason. People let me tell you, when I look in the mirror I keep searching for myself 12 years ago. When I was 21 years old I was fine as heck! My abs were tight, my thighs and hips were perfectly proportioned and my butt was nice and firm. Okay I know too much information but things have completely changed now. Don't get me wrong I look amazing in my clothes and you would never be able to tell that I had children.

So what am I doing to change this? Well I tried good old Taebo. It works your butt off and gets you super toned. Let's do a recap of my first session of Taebo. I took Trey to daycare, nursed Preston and put him down for a nap then proceeded to put on my workout clothes. I stretched like anyone would who is about to workout and started the DVD. I felt so wonderful about excercising and getting fit again. The DVD started and I was amped up, counting with the crew and clapping along. Fifteen minutes later I was sweating like a pig and Billy Banks said "okay good warm up now lets get started!" What the ...... I proceeded to sit on the sofa and watched the next 30 minutes of video with a Powerade. I was done! Maybe I will try step aerobics...LOL!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!! I did the same thing the first time I saw my Taebo BASIC training boot camp dvd. There is also an advanced boot camp and ab boot camp. I've never seen the last two. ;)

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Girl, I tried Taebo years ago and did the same thing. I thought the warm up was the real thing. That fool is crazy! While in the Philippines, I got more into yoga so that's what I'm going to do after my baby is born. And, maybe Pilates too.

bklynq said...

LOL!!!! Girl I have to commend you on the diet but you cannot just jump into working out if you hadn't done it in awhile. I do love step aerobics though. Yeah my teacher is like that you think you are in the workout and she says ok get some water that was the end of our warmup.

Chantare said...

Tera, this is so funny! I remember how "curvy" you were. Children do change your body, but I've noticed that I'm softer also. My hubby tells me that alot, "Oooh, you're so soft." There's nothing like a real woman's body after giving birth. I feel more like a woman today than I ever have. I weighed 98 lbs when I got married 10years ago! I'm 125 now. But I have never looked better! I also feel you on the Taebo. Same thing here!

kanika74 said...

Girl....I know. Billy Banks is CRAZY. I tried it a couple of times and I was in the living room punching the ceiling fan (my ceilings aren't that high!! LOL) Anyway, I remember when we met for dinner at Stonecrest and you asked me what I did to get my pre-mommy shape back and I let you in on my secret...I hold it in!!! I keep saying that I am going to get into something more structured so pray for time management!!

Unknown said...

Yeah that's for real LOL there. I wish I could just get started. I'm lazy as...you know what. Good to see you are on that quest though...

Good luck,
Marcus