Sunday, December 7, 2008

Recap

I have been so busy that I am going to the doctor and ask for some Ritalin in a couple of weeks (no I am not kidding)! Anyway, life has been great as usual just challenging with little ones, a busy husband and a full time job but somebody has to do it. Let's just try to catch up since Thanksgiving:
Nov. 27th: Thanksgiving. Paul was on call for the entire week of Thanksgiving so he wasn't able to participate in any fun activities. He was entertained by other foolishness like some crazy man cutting off his penis (seriously) and having to reattach it. So my mom drove up from Jesup alone, since my father also had to work and we headed to Greenville, SC to join her little brother and sister for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. The kids were with of course and they both slept there and back so it was quite pleasant just chatting with my mom and driving.
Nov. 28th: No shopping for me! I got up and got dressed quickly so that I could go to the spa and have a mani/pedi while Paul was still home. He and my mom made breakfast and played with the kids. After that my bootleg mother ditched me and the kids to go shopping. Paul left for work and the kids and I just chilled. Oh I also made a Thanksgiving meal for Paul because he had Thanksgiving cafeteria food on Thursday.
Nov. 29th: My mom left me and headed back to Jesup. I was so sad day. Oh and when she got home my dad failed to mention to us that he broke his foot and tore a ligament! He is laid up in a boot for 6 weeks taking pain pills and sipping on gin and juice. I also went to the liquor store and bought some Bailey's because my nights are getting tougher and tougher!
Nov. 30th: Paul was still working like crazy which left me at the home having a nervous breakdown with both of the kids...literally!
Dec. 1st: Back to the hustle of work!
Dec. 2nd: Paul's B-Day! I picked up a gift after work (bad I know) and Trey and I bought him cupcakes and balloons from Publix. I think he enjoyed it........
Dec. 3rd: I had a complete breakdown on this day. I was exhausted at work because I am averaging 4 hours of sleep at night because Preston refuses to sleep more than 4-6 hours straight. I left work around 1:30pm made it home and slept for 3 hours before picking up the kids. I had a massive headache from the extreme fatigue and took Motrin, Tylenol and drank a couple of Cokes to keep me going. Paul had to work late and didn't come home until around 10pm. On this particular night Preston cried everytime I sat him down, Trey is into this whining crap that drives me crazy and I forgot to feed the dog. I finally got Preston to take a quick nap about 8pm so I could bathe Trey and put him to bed but he unfortunately woke up time I sat Trey in the bathtub. I ran downstairs to get him out of the swing and run back up to Trey who was taking a bath. As soon as I reached the stair case with Preston in my arms Trey starting to scream and cry. He had pooped in the tub! I almost passed out. I got the huge green and brown dill pickle out of the tub while gagging and as soon as I turn to look at Preston he started vomiting. So now I had to get Trey out of the tub, clean it out, put him back in and bathe him then clean Preston up again. Needless to say I ended the night with some Benadryl.
Dec. 4th: My day off! Unfortunately it rained all day. I had to shop, run errands and get my hair done all in the rain......not good!
Dec. 5th: My brothers-in-laws (2) came to spend the weekend with Paul for his birthday and the SEC Championship game here in Atlanta. They decided to bring 2 more friends with them (all 20 something year old hungry college students) but I really enjoyed having them for the weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely WOW!!! There are no words.

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

It's about time you updated your blog. I've had some of those crazy days when neither kid will act right too. In a minute, they will be teenagers and you'll miss the crazy poop in the tub days.

bklynq said...

this truly confirms my decision to have one child. was the benadryl for you or the kids? you this little girl is going to an earful when she acts up.

Angie said...

Whew...that made me tired just reading it. I don't know how you do it!