Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A slow come back

Okay, so the cold virus is gone but I am still tired as can be. I hope this fatigue fades as the baby starts to sleep a little more. He really isn't doing that bad at night he typically only wakes up once after about 8 hours but that's still a lot when its 4am and the clock goes off at 530, but anyway.

Let's talk about this gasoline situation. Yes, I am excited to see that gas prices are declining drastically. Here in Atlanta regular gas is about $1.95 a gallon (the lowest I have seen). But how in the world could it have been $4.55 a gallon just under 6 months ago. How is it that big oil companies can come in by storm and increase prices like this with no consequences? 10 years ago in 1998 gas was $11.00 a barrel now 10 years later during the summer months it was $142.00 a barrel now back down to $56.00 a barrel and dropping. The suppliers haven't changed at all and of course we all know that there are fluctuations in the market but this was highway robbery. These companies made many billions of dollars in a matter of weeks; that it is ridiculous!

And let's not even talk about this traffic in Atlanta. It is just insane during rush hour. I live 13 miles away from my job and it takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get to work. If I leave really really early I can get there in 35 minutes but who in the world wants to come to work at 7:30 when you don't need to be there until 8:30? This is a mess and annoying!

1 comment:

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Actually OPEC sets the oil barrel prices. However, I'm sure they get a lot of encouragement from the oil companies. Look at the bright side, when we lived in the Philippines gas was the same price as in the USA. But, they're salaries are easily 1/3 of ours and they have a 40% unemployment rate.