Saturday, November 15, 2008

2 year olds




So I am currently trying to teach Trey all of his basic colors. He can name them all but still gets them confused sometimes. He often memorizes what color a piece of fruit or vegetable is (really any object) and without looking just yells out "bananas are yellow" while not even looking at what I am pointing to. He has memorized all his flash cards too. It seems really weird that he finds it difficult to learn all the colors especially since every object has a color but knows his shapes very well even ovals and other non basic shapes he identifies correctly always. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining because he is a very quick learner and does exceptional for his age but of course every parent wants their kid to be the smartest even at 2 years old.

So I have a freezer full of cheap popsicles. The ones that cost a nickel and are all the colors of the rainbow. Trey and I play a little game of name the popsicle color and if you get them correct you receive a popsicle. He named most of the colors correctly so I asked him which popsicle he would like. He told me "a yellow popsicle mommy" so I gave him a yellow popsicle. Well he handed it back to me and said "no I want a blue popsicle mommy" so as I was handing him a blue popsicle he said "wait mommy, what color is the popsicle" I said "its blue" he said "gooood job mommy!" and proceeded to clap for me. It was hillarious. Does he not know that I know all my colors!
He keeps us laughing with funny stuff every single day! He also likes to say "oh okay mommy or daddy" as if we need his approval on any matter. It is amazing how much a 2 year olds vocabulary grows day by day. Thought I would attach a couple of pictures of my crumb snatchers.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Trey cracks me up with his little personality! Lovin' the picture of the boys in their Florida get-ups. Too cute!

Unknown said...

They are getting so big. Love Trey's smile. You got me cracking up over here with Trey's comments to you.

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Aren't kids funny? Cute pics.

bklynq said...

Yeah, Trey has alot of personality. I saw that when you came the last time.

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Oh yeah, Brayden has a hard time with the colors too. I wonder if that's a boy thing because Danae knew her colors before she could identify all her letters. Brayden can identify every letter and tell you their sounds but can't point out yellow or red. Weird.

fashion jewelry said...

Congratulations. A very nice car. It is my dream to have this car. I am working hard for it. Now as online wholesaler of fashion jewelry,I hope i can make my dream to real next year. I am fashion jewelry online wholesaler directly from China. Welcome to inquiry.

wholesale fashion jewelry \
jewelry wholesale China