Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day out with the boys!

On Sunday the boys and I spent the day out and about. We were dressed in a ton of layers because it is freezing here and whipped out the stroller to shop. We didn't get quite as many things accomplished as I set out to but we managed to spend some quality time together while daddy worked. Capri joined us for half of the festivities then she got dropped off for a haircut and a bath at the pet store. She always comes back so cute in her bows. We were also able to catch a movie on Sunday afternoon. I intended to take them to see Alvin and the Chipmunks but because I am a poor planner and did not check the movie times we ended up seeing Avatar in 3D. Trey did awesome during the entire movie! He and Preston started out sharing a chair and their popcorn and sat their extra quiet. Trey would whisper every now and again saying "mommy there are the dinosaur horsies!" Luckily, he has no clue what curse words are and hopefully won't pick up any anytime soon. Preston however, started to flake out on me after about 20 minutes into the movie. It was almost 3pm which is way past his naptime and he started to get really whiny. I told Trey to stay in his seat and watch the movie while I stood up with Preston. After about 10 minutes of bouncing him around in the exit row Preston was sound asleep for the next 2 hours. But 2 hours wasn't quite long enough for this movie. By the time he woke up the movie was at the end and he did not care at all. He started talking loud, yelling my name and asking for juice. I ended up watching the last ten minutes on the floor with both of them by the exit door, but I am not complaining because this was more than good for my more than active boys. After we left the movies we picked Capri up and headed home. Daddy had already made it home and we all had dinner together and off to a warm bath and bed!

1 comment:

Angie said...

What a fun day! Did you like the moveie...or what you saw of it?