Sunday, May 3, 2009

Recommitment

After having 4 days of relaxing and meditating on my cruise I realized that I not only need more "me" time but I need more "us" time. That us only includes Paul and I. We promised 8 years ago that we would always make time for each other and we would always have at least one date night per month. Unfortunately when the kids came along and Paul's career sky rocketed we stopped having our date nights and just got out whenever we could. It seems like our entire life evolves around work, everyday issues and of course the kids.

Well that is all about to change. We have recommitted to being young and free again. Of course there are some stipulations with that. We are grown with two wonderul sons so no crazy stuff. Just getting back to doing what we loved to do many years ago which is embracing each others every word and thought. Last night we started officially "dating" again. We had a wonderful evening with a few friends at The Wine Loft for wine tasting (I hate wine by the way) but the spot was very sophisticated with a great atmosphere. After everyone else tasted wine we left hungry and headed over to a sports bar to do "real" stuff like watch the basketball playoffs, eat chicken wings and drink $5 margaritas.

Thank God for my list of babysitters they make my life so much easier!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! That "us" time is sooo important (so I hear, lol)

Trinimerian

bklynq said...

Sounds good to me, we need to go back to our date nights too.

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Sounds good. We need to date again too.