Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My first pet!








This weekend was an eventful one for Trey. By default he ended up getting his first pet, a fish. We took Capri to the vet at PetSmart and of course Trey wanted to cruise around the store and look at all the pets. I waited until the end to go to the fish section because I knew he would go crazy about the fish. We were also unfortunately watching Neemo in the car on the way to the pet store. Well we got over to the fish and Trey got really excited. He begged for a fish and being the giving parent that I am I got him one. It is a Betta fish and supposedly really easy to maintain, much easier than a goldfish. I don't have to buy a filter and clean the aquarium as often which sold me immediately. Trey named the fish "Neemo" (how original). Well his excitement didn't last too long because when he handed the fish to the cashier to ring up; he quickly turned to look at some "kitty cats" and yelled out "I don't want a fish anymore I want to see the kitty cats!" He was so loud that everyone started laughing as he threw a tantrum in the buggy with Capri and Preston inside of it too. I snatched the fish from the cashier and just walked out. By the time he got in his carseat he wanted his fish again. I am sure Neemo was concerned about his new owner because Trey shook him up in the bag for 20 minutes trying to make him swim and open his pretty fins....not good!

The picture of Neemo isn't so great because my old 5 Megapixel camera is dying but you get the picture. The other pics are the kids giving Capri a bath tonight. Poor Capri seemed terrified during her bath. Trey was drowning her with water and Preston was pulling her ears laughing hysterically! They really had a blast and wet up the entire bathroom including me but it was fun!

3 comments:

Angie said...

The boys look like they are having fun giving Capri a bath. She is such a patient dog!!!

Dance411 said...

girl we gave romeo a shower/bath tonight! marley did the blow drying at the end and she was rubbing him saying its ok romeo! these darn dogs! she was too stinky to hold out for her grooming appt next week! we had fun with yall monday!

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Aw! Trey has his very first pet. I love Neemo. Bath time with Capri is priceless. You can tell she's pretty used to them.