Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day



Over and over again I thank God for my biggest accomplishment, becoming a mother. I can not imagine my life without my little ones. And I can not imagine my life without the man who assisted me in becoming a mother. As I get older I appreciate my mother more and more. I now understand and realize why she did the things she did. It all makes sense now.

This mother's day weekend was absolutely wonderful. Paul and I had another date night and went to dinner and a movie. Star Trek was awesome by the way. A little futuristic but action packed and easy to follow. On Sunday we spent the day together as a family at the Georgia Aquarium. Trey had an absolute ball! He loved seeing all the sea animals and did not want to leave. He had a complete melt down when we left and exited the building screaming and crying. Some old white guy actually got him to calm down and stop crying since daddy and I just stood there and waited for him to finish him tantrum. He will one day realize that life is going to get even tougher. But, he cheered up when daddy stopped by McDonald's to pick him up some ice cream.

The picture above are the cutest little cards the kids made for me at school last week. Preston's card has his little footprints as the flower and Trey's card has his finger prints as the bud of the flower. Daddy gave me a card, flowers, breakfast in bed and the permission to talk trash all day without any back talk. Today was definitely a good day!
Happy Mother's Day to all the fabulous mothers out there!

3 comments:

bklynq said...

Well I have to admit I enjoyed my first Mother's Day, it was great.

Angie said...

Happy Mother's Day! I am so glad you had a great weekend. The cards the boys made you are adorable. What great keepsakes!

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Those cards are so cute! I'm glad you had a good day.