Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Surgery day


I am so thankful that this day is over! Trey and Preston both had surgery this morning and they are at home recovering well. Preston went first and only cried after he started to wake up from anesthesia. Trey went second and because he had multiple proceduries done he took much longer and will have a harder recovery. But he did absolutely wonderful. He is the most mature and relaxed two year old I have ever met (and I am not just saying that because he's my son). He never cried once, nor did he moan, groan or complain. He told all the nurses and doctors thank you and tried hard to say it with a smile. His throat is sore because he was intubated but he ate really well tonight. I am so thankful to God for covering my children with the blood of the lamb. It was overwhelming to feel a complete lose of control when you place your child in the hands of surgeons, anesthesia folks and nurses. Although, I have been working in medicine for a decade it hits you differently when your kids are lying in that cold operating room hooked up to a respirator.

My awesome mother is here with me and I couldn't have done it without her. Paul of course was there for the surgeries but left after they were released to recovery. He also leaves in the morning on a flight to AL for a conference. So mom will be with me until Sunday and my dad will join us on Friday. Moving closer to home was a blessing for us and God always guides your steps in the right direction when you follow his word.

Thanks for all the prayers and calls today. I love you guys! And maybe for the first time in months I will sleep!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I didn't know that was happening this week. So glad it went well! I'll be thinking about you guys. Call me if you need ANYTHING!

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well. God always covers His children!!!

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Did they both get tubes in their ears? I thought it was only Trey. I'm glad all went well and that you have your mom there to help out. I've never dealt with anesthesia before but I have to on Monday. If they could do it, I guess I can too. Tell them they made Auntie Bridgette braver.

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Trey is laying in that bed looking like "this is nothing. It's a piece of cake." He's so handsome. We need to plan our disney cruise.