Sunday, March 29, 2009

The night from hell!

So on Friday we sent Preston back to school because he seemed to be feeling just fine. Trey however couldn't go to school because he was suppose to be on bedrest for 72 hours and was not allowed to run and play. Unfortunately he didn't feel well on post op day 2 or 3 due to fevers. But we did take him out for a couple of hours on Thursday to visit my little cousin who was having open heart surgery at the children's hospital in Atlanta. He is one year old and doing wonderful. I thought I was stressed with my little ones having day surgery until I saw him ventilated with three IV's and a huge incision down his little chest. But anyway........

Friday evening mom made dinner, my dad arrived and my girlfriend Dione came over to visit the boys. We put the kids to bed and sat around and chatted. I was so exhausted by the end of the evening but relieved I had so much help with the kids that I decided to make sure I would finally get a good nights rest. After Dione left I took two Benadryl and had a glass of red wine (I hate wine by the way) but I figured it would be good for my heart and help me sleep. Well I did go to sleep around 12mn (sitting up talking to my mom and watching TBN) but I had no idea that the night would take so many wrong turns.

1:45am Preston wakes up screaming. I let him cry for about 10 minutes hoping he would go back to sleep but he just got louder and louder. He is teething and isn't sleeping so well right now. So I go and grab Preston and bring him back in bed with me.
2:00am The ALARM goes off! My bootleg nicotine addicted father opened the back door to go outside to smoke. Who in the hell smokes at 2am? Well if you have an alarm system then you know that it is extremely loud when it is triggered. Preston started screaming. Trey woke up screaming. I turned off the alram ran into his room with Preston in tow, to find him in the middle of his room drenched in sweat and crying "mommy mommy hurry the police cars are here!" His fever of 102.5 was finally breaking and he was engulfed in sweat as well as crying from the fear of the loud alarm.
2:30am Preston and I are still in Trey's room because he will not let me leave. Preston is wide awake because Trey sleeps with a little race car night light in which he thought he should have a conversation with. He talked to the lamp, crawled all over Trey's back and face and then started to bite him. Trey just quietly said "lay down Preston and go night night; no biting it's not nice Preston" as he is patting his little brothers back. Preston just kept on laughing and talking to the lamp. He crawled all round the bed and on our faces. Meanwhile, I am talking to God and asking him why?
2:45am I finally leave Trey's room. I am still upset with my dad and basically delusional because I had taken Benadryl and had wine to help induce some sort of sleep but I couldn't sleep because I was doing damage control.
3:00amSo I took Preston to my dad (as I gave him some choice words) and walked back to my room alone. (Remember Paul is out of town). Before I lie back down I turned the chime off of the alarm so there is no sound when this fool goes back out to smoke again....smart move right?Well as soon as Trey heard to chime he started screaming again "mommy mommy the police cars are back!" He is pounding on his door for me to come open it and let him out.
3:15am Still in Trey's room comforting him. I finally said this isn't going to work and I can't sleep in here with you so let's go to my room. I had to get him a glass of milk and turn on the cartoons for him to finally relax. I think I fell asleep for a minute only to find him still awake watching tv.
4:30am I turned the tv off and we both finally went to sleep.
8:00am Everyone is awake and ready to rock and roll except for me. I felt like a mac truck had run me over. I helped my mom feed the kids, ate, got them cleaned and out of their pajamas and went to church alone. I needed to get out of the house by myself and talk to God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Being a mother is the hardest job...ever. God bless you girl.

bklynq said...

Yeah, your story just confirms my choice to have ONE child.

Angie said...

Worst. Night. Ever.

Oh Latanya, you need a weekend get-a-way to a spa somewhere to recover!

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Mama said there'll be days like this! Isn't motherhood just the best.

Keisha - have 1 more!