Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day off

Today wasn't a typical day off for me because I had the kids with me. A day off in my mind means "my time and my time only". I love my kids to death but when they are at home it's all about them and keeping them busy. But because of the flood all of the schools in our county including theirs is closed for the next couple of days. Which means that I can't go to work....this is not a plus for me. And on top of that all the interstates by my house are closed due to flooding so I really don't know how I am going to get to work anyway....stay tuned I guess.





But overall today wasn't too bad. We had school time with coloring activities, writing assignments and circle time. After our school work we had a snack and took a 3 hour nap (best part of the day). Once our long nap was over we had another snack and headed outside to play. Trey enjoyed riding his tricycle and Preston unfortunately enjoyed eating rocks in the road. Capri barked at dogs walking through the neighborhood just basically disturbing the peace. Tomorrow I look forward to seeing the babysitter in the morning and going to work. There is nothing like adult conversation and stimulation. Love the kids but I have to have a life of my own too! Being a full time mommy is much harder work than being a research nurse!

5 comments:

Angie said...

"Preston unfortunately enjoyed eating rocks in the road" - too funny!

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

3 hour nap? How did that happen? Girl, I would pass out from sheer joy.

bklynq said...

I do feel you on the adult stimulation and conversation. They looked like they had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I am loving the posts.

jenise

fashion jewelry said...

The latest fashion jewelry items wholesale from Wonderful-jewelry.com. It will be your best online source for wholesale fashion jewelry. And it is owned directly by China Jewelry Manufacturer. Best wholesale prices and best customers' service.


fashion jewelry wholesale
wholesale fashion jewelry