Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tough days

Poor Preston has been sick since Tuesday. He has strept throat and the flu. Where did he get it from? Beats the hell out of me, bad hand washing on someones part I guess. No one else in his class is sick except for him. Yesterday was pretty scary because his temperature got up to 104.8 at the doctors office. He was shivering pretty badly because of the quick rise in his temperature and all the nurses were rushing trying to put cool clothes, etc on him before he seized. The visit ended up being a whole 3 hours because they wouldn't let us go until his fever started to trend downwards. Today is a little better though. His fever hasn't gotten above about 102.5 and he is drinking a little bit. I am sure he feels terrible and he is definitely not himself right now. He looks pretty wimpy but he is trying hard to smile when his fever is down. Meanwhile, daddy and I are a wreck with no sleep! But we will get over it pretty quickly. Trey had the flu and strept at the same time too but I think he was at least one year old when it happened not eight months old. And on top of that his third tooth is breaking through. Poor baby!

3 comments:

bklynq said...

Sounds like a tough day, I'm glad that his fever broke. That sounds really scary.

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Poor Preston. I hope he gets better very soon.

Angie said...

I hope Preston feels better soon and I hope both of you get some sleep this weekend :)