Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My first free weekend!



This past weekend I did nothing but sleep! Paul took both of the kids with him on a road trip to Florida well with a little detour to Jesup. He had a board meeting in Gainesville at the University of FL and he slept over in Jesup on Friday night with my parents. Saturday Paul, my Dad and Trey drove to UF for the weekend. They went to a football game, shopped and visited with some of his old friends. Preston spent the weekend being spoiled by my mom. They had their own plans and were all over the place too.

For the first time in probably 2 years I slept. Saturday I did not wake up until 4pm. I am not kidding. My sister in law (to be) was visiting with us all last week and she woke me up Saturday morning at 10:30am to let me know she was leaving. I walked her out, locked the door and got back in the bed. When I woke up the clock said 3:59. I couldn't believe I slept that long but I was truly tired. I never left the house the whole weekend, even though I made a million plans with my girlfriends to hang out. Did I miss the boys.......only briefly!

Anyway they all got back Sunday night and reality kicked right back in. Trey has gotten a spanking everyday because he came back confused about who is in charge. He was spoiled all weekend with his favorite people and Preston is back to waking up at least once at night.

Here are a couple of pictures to show you how much money my husband spent in Gainesville. Trey is completely brainwashed when it come to the Gators and his dad is going to be so disappointed if he chooses to not attend that school. The pictures aren't too great because we could not get them to be still.

3 comments:

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

I'm a little jealous about the weekend alone...just a little. The boys are so handsome. Trey looks like he's about to tackle somebody in the 2nd photo and Preston looks like a big boy too. Glad you got some much needed rest. Take care.

Angie said...

They both look so grown up; I can't believe it! They both are adorable. So glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend full of sleep. It sounds wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some rest girl! The boys are toooo cute!!!

Trinimerican