Friday, February 6, 2009

Funerals

On Thursday I drove down to visit my friend and family whose brother was murdered on this past Sunday night. His death still just feels unreal to me. They were all doing alright yesterday and were able to talk and laugh a little with all the guest who came over to give their condolences. It was sad to see them in such a pain especially since these people are some of the happiest people you will ever meet. What's now even more upsetting than the way he died is the invidence that is now being revealed about his murder. It appears that the his wife had a brief affair with the man that initiated the fight with him on the night he was killed. Supposedly, the affair occured when the two of them were "on bad terms" and she ended it when they agreed to work things out and continue in their marriage. Well it appears that she had a change of heart and began to secretly see this guy again. The guy apparently found out that my friend would be at this nightspot and he and 10 of his gang friends (yes apparently this upstanding fire fighter in the community) is involved in a gang, sat in the parking lot and waited on my friend to come out. The two of them got into a verbal altercation and then the fight broke out. Eyewitnesses say that my friend was winning the fight so his gang members jumped in and beat him to death. My friend only had one of his friends with him and he was badly beaten as well. My poor friends mother had to identify his body at the scene of the crime.

This situation is beyond ridiculous, senseless and mortifying. This young man may have died due to someone elses wrong doing and it makes me and everyone else ANGRY! I feel bad for both these families because the mother and sisters are grieving and they are angry. It's hard to get over someone's death when there is so much foul play involved. This man was a good person, christian, military personnel who has served in Kuwait for our safety and now he is dead because of heartless individuals. I tore my heart in pieces to see his 7 year old son sitting in front of his casket today.

I also feel sorry for the wife though, because if this is really the reason he was killed she has the blood of my husband and son's father all over her hands.

The funeral today was the saddest funeral I have ever attended. There wasn't a dry eye in the building. The church was packed to capacity and the remarks everyone made definitely showed that he was a wonderful person.

I only pray that as many people who loved me will show such support and gratitude to my family when I leave this earth. The words spoken by all truly showed what type of person he was. Sometimes life just isn't fair. But if you want to go out and make a fool of your life don't take your family with you! Your ill consequences not only affect you but the ones around you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! There are consequences for everything. If this is true it just shows that you never know what someone will do when put in a situation.

I can only imagine what his family is feeling right now.

Bridgette's Odyssey said...

Wow!

Dance411 said...

I"m so sorry to hear about this.