Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Beginnings

Well, tomorrow I start my new job. Some of you may not know this but I was laid off from my old position a month ago due to closure of our research program. They basically mismanaged their money for years and as a result half of the staff got cut due to a >$1 million loss. It was really disappointing and emotional for me because I had never been laid off before or even written up on a job but God always knows best. I will now be working for the private practice that ran my old company out of business...oops and oh well. I will be basically doing the same job that I was before but making more money and able to keep my 4 day work week. As I said before God always knows best! I can't really say that I am excited yet but I am definitely thankful for all the blessings the Lord continues to bestow upon my family.

This past week I took the opportunity to get my house in order, get a massage and a whole lot of other things to clear my mind. I even increased my housekeepers visit to my house because cleaning is way way overrated! I did however realize that I HATE to shop inside the stores. It is too physically and mentally exhausting. I would much rather shop online and wait for it to come to my doorstep. I am truly addicted to online shopping! That's probably why I need to keep a job.....LOL!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Good luck today. I'll be thinking about you! I miss you and our little group from research.

bklynq said...

Well, I hope you have a good first day of work. I know I'm out of the loop but you could drop an email sometimes. But we already knew the Lord had something better in store for you. If I could get on that 4 day work week, it would be great.

Anonymous said...

Good luck my sister. The Lord always takes care of his children. How was your first day?

Jenise

jewelry wholesale said...

The latest fashion jewelry items wholesale from Wonderful-jewelry.com. It will be your best online source for wholesale fashion jewelry. And it is owned directly by China Jewelry Manufacturer. Best wholesale prices and best customers' service.


fashion jewelry wholesale
wholesale fashion jewelry