Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year had to be one of the best Thanksgiving ever! I hosted Thanksgiving dinner for my mom's family this year and we had such an amazing time. Six of her siblings joined us here in Atlanta for Thanksgiving and we had tons of food and folks here to fellowship. I was a little worried about how much work it would be for me to host over 30 people but it really turned out great. The biggest reason it was a success is because I had each family bring one dish which left me with much less work in the kitchen. So we had my aunts signature cakes, my uncles signature collard greens, my moms signature pies and so on an so forth. Most of my cousins were here with their kids who are the same age as Trey which made entertaining the kids very easy. Paul pulled out the big truck, soccer nets, basketball goals and the kids ran around in the backyard for hours! The did not want to eat because they wanted to go back outside to play. One of them was so exhausted by the end of the night that he fell asleep on the sofa, fell down on the floor, looked up in disarray and went right back to sleep. They were completely worn out!

Anywho, I hope all of you had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Now its time to get back to the real world and punch the clock in the morning.






1 comment:

Angie said...

Looks like you had a blast. Happy Thanksgiving!